Monday 30 December 2013

In the beginning...

Anyone who knows me knows that I love to talk.

I talk about crytocurrencies, 3D printing, wearable technology, robots, sousveillance and the internet of things.

I talk about online learning, mesh networks, privacy and visual programming.

I talk about non-standard solar power generation, water purification, vertical farms and the technological singularity.

I even talk about technocracy, demarchy, anarcho-capitalism, fairness, combatting systemic imbalances in society and generally how groups make decisions.

I talk about a lot of things but there is a single insight that ties these seemingly disparate threads together:

The world will ultimately become a bleak dystopia (this is very bad) or an amazing utopia (this is very good) and it is technology that will decide which vision of the future becomes a reality.

This blog is my attempt to catalogue some of the technologies that will hopefully bring about the utopian future and occasionally discuss why they are so significant.

Welcome and enjoy.

-O

No comments:

Post a Comment